I turned 26 on April 21st, and set 26 goals of things to accomplish this year. I’m crossing them off as I go along…keep tabs on my progress!
1. Finally work on learning the guitar, either with my DVD or with the help of my brother or dad. I was a musician for many years and it makes me so happy. I want to create more space for this in my life.
2. Keep working on my blogging. I don’t have a huge audience yet, but I love it, and have been learning a lot, and definitely want to keep it up. 3. Submit some freelance writing and try to work on getting published—a goal I’ve had since I was a young girl. 4. Keep gardening. It’s amazing that something so seemingly silly has brought such joy to my life, but it has and I want to look for opportunities to expand my little garden.
5. Start seriously and aggressively saving for the Europe trip Andrew and I have been dreaming of so that we can make that dream a reality in summer 2010.
6. Keep experimenting in the kitchen with more healthy recipes.
7. Sing karaoke! I’ve never done this, so it should be an experience and a half. Also, one requiring a significant amount of alcohol.
8. Be a better teacher. Keep working and being committed to learning more about how to teach effectively.
9. Learn to take pictures and acquire a good camera.
10. Get the new I Phone. I’ve obsessed long enough, and I’m sure Andrew is super tired of me molesting his all the time.
11. Try and do something new and exciting every weekend, specifically something that doesn’t cost a lot of money.
12. Take a sushi making class.
13. Spend more time in San Francisco and Lake Tahoe—two amazing places that are so close, but I never visit.
14. Go camping…hopefully in Yosemite.
15. Start volunteering on a weekly or bi-monthly basis with the homeless or adult literacy.
16. Lose the extra 50+ pounds I’m carrying around for good.
17. Write in my journal regularly.
18. Try and stay more on top of the little things I hate: grading, laundry, etc. Doing a little bit at a time makes life so much easier, yet I tend to let it pile up.
19. Learn to play poker. Yes, my boyfriend is a professional poker player and I’ve never played.
20. Take Andrew to Monterey for a romantic vacation…my favorite place ever.
21. Start using reusable bags and explore making more natural cleaning products.
22. Be more considerate of others. Try to put myself in others shoes before acting or speaking.
23. Be a better communicator: more honest but also more gentle.
24. Continue taking better care of myself: nail, skin and hair routine, and dressing better, as well as taking vitamins, getting sleep.
25. It literally strikes fear into my heart to write this, but go to the dentist. I HATE THE DENTIST.
26. Incorporate yoga and meditation into my weekly routine.