Things that are currently weirding me out:
- In the continuing adventures of Amy Goes To The Dentist, I spent my day off in a dentist’s chair, in a magical world I can visit only with the help of my special friends Valium and Nitrous. I got a final crown put on, and can I just tell you how weird it is to have a brand new tooth? It matches my other teeth! It’s made completely of porcelain, and it feels like it belongs in my mouth! I keep licking it with my tongue. It’s weird to me that new teeth can be made at all, and then come live in my mouth.
- I was scheduling some future events yesterday, when I had to write 2010. Twenty-TEN. It’s so weird to even write that, as it seems 2000 was just a few years ago. Also, there is no verbal abbreviation for it, you know, something like “Back in ’03…” I think you have to say “2010” every time. Not sure if I like that one bit.
- This whole “midweek day off.” Today feels like yet another Monday. Not cool, day off. BUT…I did sleep ’til 8 am yesterday, so I can’t really be pissed off. Still, I find myself wondering what day it is and what I should be teaching and AHHHHH!
- I was reviewing a list of attendees for a conference I am going to next week, and noticed that one of them is a teacher from my ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. When I was in 6th grade, I got to go help out in the special education class a few times a week instead of being in my class. Apparently, the teacher of this class is teaching a program that I coordinate at MY school. This means that I am now a colleague of someone I haven’t seen since I was twelve and mullet-coifed, acne-ridden and bespectacled. I am hoping she’s forgotten who I am, as to avoid awkward 6th grade reminiscing.
- My level of excitement regarding “New Moon” coming out, and my date with Gina to go see it!
What seems weird to you this week?