Today has basically sucked, for a variety of reasons, several that are totally my fault. Sure, I could spend my time thinking of ways to make it better, and consoling myself with the knowledge that other people have it worse, but instead, I’ve been fantasizing about things I’d rather be doing than teaching and coaching Academic Pentathlon:
- Sitting near the ocean, preferably on a warm, white beach with a book and a drink.
- Lying on a massage table, having someone gently work out the knot that’s been making it impossible for me to turn my head for the past 4 days.
- Laying on my couch with my cat and my boyfriend.
- Playing a game or eating dinner with my family.
- On an airplane to Europe.
- In a swanky bar with my girlfriends.
- On a cruise to a fabulous beach with Andrew.
- Sitting in a San Francisco coffee shop.
Sigh. Instead, I’ll sit here in Room 45 for another few hours.
Where do you want to be today?