The title of this post, my friends, is a regular problem in my life. I have deep thoughts, yo. Lots of them. But some are too long for Twitter; yet, they are not long enough to actually blog. So, you get this ridiculous list format, which you will enjoy, because I said you should.
- First of all, my dad survived Day 1 of chemo, and was doing just fine as of last night. The nausea medication seems to be keeping his nausea at bay, and he was eating dinner when I called. Thank you for your continued prayers and good thoughts—he’ll be on this round until Friday, and then takes 28 days off while the chemo “does its thing.” Here’s to hoping that it continues to NOT make him sick.
- I was shocked to read of how many of you regularly unfriend people on Facebook. Oddly enough, this simple fact helped me feel better; however, H and I were not simply “old acquaintances” and had seen each other as recently as last month. I suppose that I need to just sack up and accept the fact that she doesn’t want to be friends, or maybe she does and couldn’t tell me, or maybe Andrew’s comment is right on the money…there is a lot of history in this “friendship” that should probably be a) accepted by me or b) discussed with my therapist. Only half kidding there.
- Is it weird that I like to wear the same outfit over and over? Sometimes, I get so attached to something that I just want to wear it for awhile. Between washings, obvs. I wish that people weren’t so creeped out by my love for my green cardigan or my black dress. Sigh.
- I had a staff development day yesterday, and as you read this, am probably trapped in a room with 8th graders, or will be soon. NOT READY FOR THIS. This year is really, really, really stretching me as a person, and as an educator. I am thankful for the break we just had, but am also hoping I can just make it through the next 9 weeks.
- In addition to wearing the same outfit repeatedly, sometimes, I just want to eat the same foods. Right now: raisin bran, soup, pad se ew, this really delicious salad from a place called Pluto’s. I just love routine. So, so, so much. And with routine comes food.
- Vicodin makes me crazier than normal. My dreams? OFF THE HOOK. I have had the weirdest dreams I’ve ever had in my entire life the past three nights. Vivid, strange and just plain insane. As for my daytime behavior, I do a lot of staring. Like, a lot of awkward gazing into the distance, mixed with some dozing. It’s probs a good thing that I’m getting that root canal tomorrow. Shockingly, I’m not feeling terribly anxious about it. I sort of want it over with, because I am OVER being in constant pain and feeling like a stoner.
- “Where The Wild Things Are” was amazing. Seriously. I cried. Oddly enough, I’m not sure little kids would really “get it” but as someone who loved the book, and loves Maurice Sendak, the movie was exquisite and emotional. And the soundtrack is great, too, despite it being by Karen O. of “Maa-aaaaa-aaaaa-aaaaappppssss” fame, something I wasn’t super into. But this soundtrack? Super cute. I just loved the whole thing.
I apologize for the lameness and/or brevity of this post. If you want something better, you can read me over here today at Novelista Barista, writing about something I’ve NEVER shared on this blog before as part of her Broken Heart Files…oooh, scandalous!