I’m doing my best to look for the best, despite the crap. Today was okay—teaching was hard, mostly due to the fact that students don’t necessarily catch a clue when you say, “I’m having a bad day.” That, and a few rather insensitive comments made it a bit hard to get through the day, but I lived and I hope that tomorrow is easier. There are no real updates right now. My Dad had his CAT scan, and my grandma’s status is still essentially the same.
Still, there were a few bright spots:
- Feeling a little sore thanks to the awesome massage Andrew treated me to over the weekend. He was such a sweetheart and definitely knew I needed a break. The therapist was awesome, and she definitely worked out some of my knots.
- The yummy salad and turkey pita sandwich I packed for lunch today—eating well felt soooo good.
- Supportive friends who text, Tweet, email, call and Facebook me to offer their support. THANK YOU. Thank you so much.
- Camera Obscura’s awesome album “My Maudlin Career” that makes me want to put on a striped shirt and ride my bike down near a pier of some kind.
- My best friend at work taking care of an awkward conversation for me and totally being there when I lost it for a few minutes.
- Feeling an odd sense of peace at times, and feeling so lucky that I have a family that I love and care about and am so, so, so close to.
At this point, the smallest things can bring some of the biggest blessings—I’m just trying to look for even the smallest signs of hope.