I don’t really have a whole story for any of these, so I present to you a list of what is currently on my mind…
1. Why, pray tell, is it that when I have NO MONEY, I find a zillion things I want to buy; however, when I have a gift card to spend, I cannot find anything I wish to purchase? What is that all about?
2. I mailed a letter last week, to two old friends and sent a Facebook message to one. We grew apart, and it’s been on my mind for months. I decided to finally bite the bullet and send them a note, apologizing for whatever made them not want to be friendly, and telling them I miss them. It’s been a reasonable amount of time, and I am driving myself freaking insane by checking my email and Facebook approximately every 29 seconds to see if they responded. Gah! Torturous! Even though there was a certain lightness for simply getting it off my chest, it’s now a worry as to whether or not they’re going to write back…and if they don’t, then what? Blah.
3. Am I the only one who gets offended when people don’t comment on my blog when I make a clear effort to participate in theirs? Sheesh, I’m not expecting a comment on every post, but COME ON. This does not apply to most of you, but one specific blogger who is my age, lives 15 minutes away and has similar interests, yet refuses to be friendly. I just don’t get it. Not at all.
4. While we’re on that topic, am I the only person who’s scared to friend online friends on Facebook and such? Eeek! I worry about the reaction I’d get…laughter? Oooh, Amy who? From what blog? Oh, that one I like to mock on a regular basis?
5. It came to my attention yesterday, while viewing Transformers 2, that the lovely, gorgeous, hot, perfect Megan Fox has a flaw. She has toe thumbs. I pointed it out to Andrew during the film, and then when I came home, noticed TMZ has an entire gallery dedicated to it. I have several friends who are super self-conscious about this particular thing, but I’m going to be snarky for a second and say that I was a bit relieved that such a gorgeous girl has a flaw. Sorry, I know that makes me awful, but…
6. Law and Order is becoming a serious problem in my life. I have never been a huge fan, but now, I’m sucked in! And the problem is that I’m a huge baby. If I start the episode, I must finish it. Or else I’m afraid that the rapist/killer/drug dealer is totally heading for my apartment.
7. Speaking of being a huge baby, have you seen the movie “Taken”? We decided to watch it a few weeks ago. If you’ve seen the trailer, you’ve undoubtedly seen the part when Liam Neeson says to his poor daughter, lying under the bed, “This part is important: they are going to take you.” That part freaked me out. Big time. Andrew has decided that every night, just as I’m about to fall asleep, he comes over and spoons me, kisses me, and just as I’m relaxing happily, he whispers, “They are going to take you.” This of course spurs another round of me checking the locks on every single door in the house. UGH. I hate him for it. He’s lucky he’s the cutest boy in the world and such a good little snuggler that assures me that he’ll keep me safe.
8. I really want to find a cute neck warmer for fall. Also, someone needs to teach me to crochet. Quickly.
9. I decided against Roller Derby. Thanks for the votes, but after realizing that it’s more of a lifestyle than a team and my parents reminding me that I COULD DIE, I decided it’s probably not such a good idea. Having my knee hurt really sucked and I can’t imagine willingly subjecting myself to injuries.
10. Some will find this tacky and distasteful, but I found jeans, a denim skirt (an essential for a shirt I’m in love with) and a summer dress at Goodwill yesterday. Jeans are some fancy brand, skirt is Gap and dress is just adorable. All my size, including the jeans, which are also MY LENGTH (I’m 5″1!) ALL FOR $15. Yes, $15. And I am still planning to boycott jeans, but these were too good to pass up. I love thrifting. Seriously, love it.