I hate doing anything for the first time. I really, really like to be old and practiced and experienced.
Good thing this blogging thing isn’t new for me.
While I realize I’m a bit late to this whole “have your own website” deal, I’ve been journaling since I was seven. I started blogging in 2004 when I got my very own MySpace page. Later, I transferred it to Blogger, where I blogged as “Coffee and Sunshine” and since then, have changed blogs about 2 million times for a variety of reasons. Since I committed to taking writing more seriously this year, I decided it was time to invest in an actual, adult site that wasn’t free and crappy. So, here we are.
If you don’t know me, here’s what you can expect:
- I teach. Kids are funny. Some moments in my classroom are too funny to keep to myself.
- I am awkward. I like to watch people and eavesdrop. I often report back.
- Cooking and baking. This is in no way a food blog, but I do like to play around in the kitchen, so I’ll share that sometimes.
What not to expect:
- Good photography. I suck at photography, OK? I try. I want to be better. Maybe someday. Until then, you’ll have to suffer through my poorly taken photos with my crappy camera. I apologize.
- Um, really, really deep thoughts about how trees make you want to marinate in the yummy goodness of your soul, hooray! I’m also not one to have a “tribe” or anything else. Look: I’ve tried. I went to massage therapy school, I love yoga, etc. But that touchy feely talk really, really makes me awkward. I attempt to paint and do crafty stuff and I like it, a lot. But as for the floaty, fun, “panties” talk that seems to flow naturally for some of you–I’m jealous! I can’t rock it before at least 5 glasses of wine.
- “The Adventures of a Twenty-Something Fun Girl.” I’m not a party girl. Sure, I love to go dancing, drinking and have fun with friends, but mostly, I like sitting on the couch with my boyfriend and my cat, trying new recipes, making greeting cards, and watching the kind of television that detracts from your intelligence.
Hope you’re not too disappointed.
Wanna know more? Check out my About Me.